To send the footage from your camera to the TeamTV server, you need a streaming device, which can look like this:
What is a streaming device and what does it do?
- It is an encoder, which means it converts the footage received from the HDMI input to another format that can be sent;
- It has a web interface where you can configure what you want the device to do;
- It sends the livestream via the RMTP protocol.
Which specifications are important?
- Make sure the streaming device has built-in Wi-Fi or an ethernet port;
- Check what resolution the streaming device is able to broadcast (720p, 1080p or even 4K);
- Make sure you can connect the streaming device to your camcorder (often through an HDMI-out on the camcorder and an HDMI-in on the streaming device);
- Check if the device can send the livestream via the RTMP protocol to a chosen address (like TeamTV).
Examples of streaming devices
- Magewell Ultra Stream HDMI;
- E2 HDMI Video Encoder;
- Or search on Google for 'HDMI video encoder' and check the specifications.
M. 02-01-2021 R